The MapProvision Manager is a web application that you can use to upload and organize your spatial data sets.
Its components can be separated into four main categories:
- View your Data Collections: Used to view how your Data Collections will be displayed through the Viewer Map Portal.
- Manager your Data Collections: Used to upload data and manage how your Viewer Map Portal will be displayed.
- Accounts: Used to monitor how much usage your account is generating.
- Help: Allows this help section to be viewed from the manager as easily accessible closeable tabs.
In the Manager you can create multiple Data Collections. Data Collections are collections of spatial data sets
that you can configure to be viewed as different layers and visualizations.
Each Data Collection is automatically linked up to a web address that will show the individual Data Collection in
the Viewer. The Data Collection's web address can be embedded in your webpage via an iFrame HTML tag
that can be generated in the publish section of the Manager.
Data Collections Viewer
In the Data Collections Viewer you can select your Data Collection and preview exactly how it will look when viewed
through the MapProvision Viewer when embedded inside your website. You can use the Viewer from the manager
using all the features that would be available in the MapProvision Viewer.
To view a Data Collection expand the tree under the "View Data Collections" accordion selector and click on the
data collection that you want to view. The Data Collection will be displayed in a closeable tab in the main view.
The red outline shows the preview of how the MapProvision Viewer will look when displayed independently.
Data Collections Manager
The Data Collections Manager can be used to: add and update your datasets, upload data,
manage how your Viewer Map Portal will be displayed, and how the layers will be represented.
From the Data Collections Manager you can:
- Add a Data Collection: Create new Data Collections to contain a collection of datasets.
- Delete a Data Collection: Remove an existing Data Collection.
- Add a Dataset: Create new datasets in your Data Collection.
- Delete a Dataset: Remove an existing Dataset.
- Update a Dataset: add more data, change metadata, layer selections and change the symbology.
- Edit Metadata: Add or update the datasets name and metadata.
- Select Layers: Select which layers should be used to represent the dataset.
- Edit Symbology: Edit the different layer's symbology determining how the layer will look in the Viewer.
- Upload data for a Dataset: Import data from CSV, KML, and KMZ files or directly from existing Google Fusion Tables.
- Add an Image Set: Upload your own image and icon markers, and create image sets that can represent your data.
- Change the viewer's display options: Set how you want the map to be displayed in the Viewer specifying center, map type etc.
- Organize Folders: Drag and drop your layers into folders, rename layers, and control how your layers are organized in the Viewer.
- Publish" " Generate a HTML tag to embed in your website to display the MapProvision viewer on your webpage.
To manage a Data Collection expand the tree under the "Manage Data Collections" accordion selector and click on the
data collection that you want to manage. The Data Collection will be displayed in a closeable table in the main view.
Or to create a new Data Collection click the "*New Data Collection" item in the tree and give the Data Collection a name.
The Accounts section has two components:
- Account Usage: Shows you how much use your MapProvision account has had in the last 24 hour period.
- Upgrade Plan: Provides link to upgrade you account.
This help section can be opened and referred to while in the manager.
Clicking on a help topic will launch the topic in a closeable tab in the main view.